Finken is seeking experienced Route Drivers. Please apply here.
DEPARTMENT: Bottled Water
REPORTS TO: Route Lead/Sales
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Customer Service/Route Coordinator, Route Lead/Sales and Director of Bottled Water/Operations/IT
GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for delivery of bottled water, bagged salt and coffee to homes and businesses.
- Load and deliver bottled water, bagged salt and coffee to homes and businesses in a safe, efficient, respectful and friendly manner according to route schedule.
- Ensure proper handling, stocking and rotation of products in the warehouse, on the vehicles and in the satellite stores.
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner is expected at all times including when driving or engaging with customers and co-workers. Wear company apparel at all times while on duty.
- Achieve minimal bottle/bag requirements by moving customers to appropriate schedules.
- Prepare equipment contracts when needed.
- Collect payments from customers and note any changes to account that may need updating.
- Note any customer complaints/comments and assist with resolution of issues when they come up.
- Record service transactions on appropriate forms.
- Call customers when requested and/or if delivery cannot be made on regular schedule.
- Work to build route/increase sales by asking for referrals and seeking out new customer prospects.
- Introduce customers to new products and services.
- Report any improper machine operation and conduct minor repairs and adjustments to machines.
- Warehouse duties including combining racks, cleaning up and keeping track of inventory.
- Filter changes.
- Maintain clean, well-operating vehicle including daily vehicle operative checks, report vehicle problems to the proper parties, secure keys and vehicle.
- Maintain security of cash and property by locking unattended vehicles, securing keys at the end of the shift as directed and safeguarding company property.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Observe all Finken Companies safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Physical Requirements: Perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 100 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
Additional Requirements: Must have a Class B divers license