What if you could save money and help avoid the plastic waste crisis? This can be easily done by filtering your own water right at the tap. Here are some good reasons to filter your water.
- TDS (total dissolved solids)– TDS or otherwise known as total dissolved solids is a measurement of water quality. It does not necessarily tell what is in the water, but more of how much stuff is in the water that carries an electrical charge (dust, calcium, iron, sodium, ect). When you use a filtration system like a reverse osmosis you generally get about 90% – 95% of those dissolved solids out of your water.
- Nitrates – Usually if a water sample comes up positive for nitrates it’s because they are in a rural area with farm land surrounding. Nitrates are caused from human and animal waste. These can cause blue baby syndrome (methemoglobinemia). This disorder occurs when the nitrite in the blood deactivates hemoglobin. Without hemoglobin red blood cells can not carry oxygen. A reverse osmosis can significantly reduce nitrates and put it within the federal limits.
- Lead – Lead absorbs into water when there is corrosion of older fixtures or from the solder that connects some of the pipes. If water sits in pipes for too long the lead can seep into the water supply. According the the EPA, even low levels of lead can cause behavior and learning problems, lower IQ and hyperactivity, slowed growth, hearing problems, and anemia.
- Arsenic – Arsenic enters the water supply by specific rock formations dissolving when the ground water levels drop. It can also enter the water from industrial and agricultural pollution. If you drink water that has arsenic in it for long periods of time you can get skin cancer, bladder cancer, lung cancer, and heart disease.
- Chlorine –Chlorine is normally only found in city water. The city puts this chlorine in to kill bacteria and keep the water safe to drink. When water with chlorine comes out of the tap it should be filtered to remove the chlorine. According to the U.S. Council Of Environmental Quality, “Cancer risk among people drinking chlorinated water is 93% higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.” Chlorine is very easy to remove and every household that is on city water should be taking it out.
All five of these contaminants can be removed with reverse osmosis filtration right at your drinking tap (or fridge) for an affordable cost. If you are interested in obtaining a reverse osmosis machine and drinking better quality water without polluting the environment please, call Brandon at 320-980-7711.[/av_textblock] [av_social_share title=’Share this entry’ style=” buttons=” share_facebook=” share_twitter=” share_pinterest=” share_gplus=” share_reddit=” share_linkedin=” share_tumblr=” share_vk=” share_mail=”][/av_social_share] [/av_one_full][av_hr class=’custom’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’100%’ custom_border_color=’#ededed’ custom_margin_top=’20px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’no’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_class=”] [av_one_third first min_height=’av-equal-height-column’ vertical_alignment=’av-align-middle’ space=” margin=’0px’ margin_sync=’true’ padding=’0px’ padding_sync=’true’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ radius_sync=’true’ background_color=” src=” attachment=” attachment_size=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=” custom_class=”][/av_one_third] [av_two_third min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=”] [av_heading heading=’Brandon Richards’ tag=’h3′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=” custom_class=”] Territory Manager
[/av_heading] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” custom_class=”] Phone: (320) 980-7711
Brandon Richards is originally from Alexandria, Minnesota and is a Territory Manager for Finken Water Solutions. He specializes in providing clean, quality water to family homes across central Minnesota. He earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from St. Cloud State University. Brandon is married to his wife Clare, and they recently purchased their first home.
[/av_textblock] [/av_two_third] [av_hr class=’custom’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’100%’ custom_border_color=’#ededed’ custom_margin_top=’20px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’no’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_class=”]